Re: Next DOM3 Events Telcon (Time and Day?)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:42:20 -0700
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, www-dom@w3.org
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>

On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:19 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:40:24 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak
> <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> May I ask, what's up with using www-dom for DOM3 Events discussion
>> now instead of the WEbApps WG list? Did I miss a memo?
>
> Several, I guess.

May I ask the reason for doing this? But it does not seem like a
positive thing to require Web Apps WG members to subscribe to an extra
list, and will likely exclude people from the discussion who could
have useful input (as I think already happened here). It also seems
out of line with our charter, and is not reflected on our Working
Group's Web page, which implies public-webapps is our only working
list. If it's just from a desire to segregate list traffic for
filtering/archiving purposes, then perhaps we could subscribe public-
webapps to www-dom to make sure no one is left out of the discussion,
including for example new WG members who may not know they need to
subscribe to an extra list.

Regards,
Maciej