Re: DOM Level 3 Events

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:15:16 -0400
To: "Emanuele D'Arrigo" <manu3d@gmail.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
> I agree with you that's the path I've eventually decided to follow. It
> should be said however that from an implementation point of view the
> second method is not entirely infeasible and therein lies the minor
> ambiguity

I'm not sure what the ambiguity is.  The DOM3 Events drafy clearly says:

   The target's ancestors are determined before the initial dispatch of
   the event. If the target node is removed during the dispatching, or
   a target's ancestor is added or removed, the event propagation will
   always be based on the target node and the target's ancestors
   determined before the dispatch. [1]

DOM2 events has similar wording.

What's ambiguous?

the paragraph right after the "Note" about an SVG version of the image
immediately above that being available.