browser security improvement feature

From: Doug Poulin <dougp@medinet.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:45:52 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Here is an improvement that I would like to see added to the current browsers.

When you use the browser to log into a protected site, it retains your user id and password for as long as that browser window is open.  This applies to any child windows that get opened from the main one.  When you are developing applications on a browser there is no simple way to tell the browser to forget who it's logged in as.

I would like to see a function added (in javascript) that would allow a script to tell the browser to forget the login id and password it had stored for that session.  I don't see any security problems from allowing this, and in fact it makes the browser much safer.

Doug Poulin
Senior Developer
Medinet Health Systems