Re: elements named "xmlns"

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:07:31 +0200
To: Doug Orleans <dougorleans@gmail.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

* Doug Orleans wrote:
>I'm surprised by the restriction on an element whose qualifiedName is
>"xmlns".  Is this a mistake in the spec?  Perhaps the text was copied
>from createAttributeNS (where the restriction does make sense)?
>I think it should read something like the following:

Last time I checked there were some surprsing things about how DOM Level
3 Core handles these namespace issues, but I did not have the time yet
to research them in detail. If there are any problems, I hope to address
them when the WebAPI Working Group works on the Second Edition. For this
instance, http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PER-xml-names-20060614/ has new re-
strictions in this regard, could you have a look at those and tell us
whether those restrictions resolve your issue?