Re: W3C DOM and personal opinion...

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:18:28 +0200
To: david.bercot@wanadoo.fr
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

* David BERCOT wrote:
>I don't understand why all these events are not cancelable. If
>they were, it would give another possibily for the developer.

What would it mean to cancel load, unload, error, and abort for example?
All you can do is prevent the default action, and these event types in
general do not have one associated with them, or you can stop their pro-
pagation, which you can do for all event types. So how do you think the
developer is constrained here?