Re: Optional method arguments in the DOM

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:00:58 +0300, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:31:16 +0200, Emrah BASKAYA
> <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com> wrote:
>> Am I wrong to think, that this new approach is not good for existing
>> methods, but is good only for new methods that will defined in feature?
>> Because such new scripts utilizing this feature will not be backwards
>> compatible..
>
> You mean future? If so, you're right. That would be the result.

Yes, I meant "future", that was a rather embarrasing double-typo on my
side which I realized right after I sent the mail. (At least I got one
"feature" right in there!)

BTW, I also like this notation:
myFunction("this","that",,,false,true,,5)

being able to omit variables in-between, telling the function to use
defaults. But I don't think any party would be willing to change the way
things work (probably requiring an ecmascript syntax change)

Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com