Re: An apparent batik failure

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:22:11 +0100
To: Ray Whitmer <ray@personallegal.net>

On Dec 21, 2005, at 15:31, Ray Whitmer wrote:
> In this particular test case, it is producing Illegal Namespace
> prefix: "xml", which should have been legal according to section 3
> of http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-names11-20040204/ (which
> particular declaration I believe is compatible with the 1.0
> namespaces spec, even if it is less-explicit).

It's even explicit in the 1.0 spec, albeit in an erratum (the (in)
famous NE05 erratum in fact): http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-
names-19990114-errata.

I don't believe that this error is specific to Batik. It's an error
which I've seen in some Java XML parsers in the past, before they
were fixed for conformance. You may wish to look into which parser
you're using and which version of it you have, and see if it's not a
little too far out of date.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist