Live Structure and test

From: Robert <rvlwork@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:52:40 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

I have a question about the next quote from the DOM 2 core specification at

and NamedNodeMap objects in the DOM are live; that is, changes to the
underlying document structure are reflected in all relevant NodeList and
NamedNodeMap objects."

Does this mean that if I have a NodeList by using
and I will add a new <p> element in the document anywhere, the NodeList
will change immediatelly too?

Another question is if there is any test suite to test the functionality
of a DOM implementation.

Thanks for any help.