Live Structure and test

From: Robert <rvlwork@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:52:40 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hi,

I have a question about the next quote from the DOM 2 core specification at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html#ID-536297177>"NodeList
and NamedNodeMap objects in the DOM are live; that is, changes to the
underlying document structure are reflected in all relevant NodeList and
NamedNodeMap objects."

Does this mean that if I have a NodeList by using
document.getElementsByTagName("p")
and I will add a new <p> element in the document anywhere, the NodeList
will change immediatelly too?

Another question is if there is any test suite to test the functionality
of a DOM implementation.

Thanks for any help.
Robert.