DOM interfaces for XSLT

From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:25:06 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hello,

With client side web browser applications, such as SVG+ECMAScript, it think it
can be argued that it is of interest to invoke XSLT transformations on data.
Mozilla and Internet Explorer exposes XSLT engines via ECMAScript APIs.

Is there any plans for developing DOM interfaces for XSLT? Does it make sense
to do it? Is there any demand(e.g, what are the chances for it to happen)?

I find it hard to overview what principles that are ruling, but one can say
that there is an interest for it since vendors invent interfaces for it, they
are just not standardized and hence hinder interoperability.

As developer of the web browser Konqueror/the KHTML engine(while here
expressing my personal opinion) I would personally like to see DOM interfaces
for XSLT.

Cheers,

		Frans

Frans Englich