DOM3 Events Specification: keyboard navigation

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:26:53 +0000
Cc: plh@w3.org
To: www-dom@w3.org

Document Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Events Specification*

Is there a particular reason this document does not comment on keyboard
navigation and the use of the "tab, space, return, backspace, arrow"
keys in particular?

The disabled community has had some years experience developing
applications that have somewhat standardised the use of the "tab,
space, return, backspace, arrow" keys for navigation.

I'm concerned partly because I do not understand the whole problem, but
also because SVG is failing to recommend any means of keyboard
navigation. It is being asserted that no keyboard event implementation
is better than a non-standard implementation. The result is that
significant quantity of product is being authored, without any prospect
of it being keyboard navigable by anyone.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk     "It's easy to use"
irc://freenode/accessibility