Re: DOMErrorHandler, EventListener, et al in ECMAScript binding

From: Johnny Stenback <jst@w3c.jstenback.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:12:47 -0800
To: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

Curt Arnold wrote:
[...]
> It is pretty explicit that a function object is used for EventListeners
> and NodeFilters.  Am I right in interpreting that the DOMErrorHandler,
> UserDataHandler, LSSerializerFilter, LSParserFilter and
> ResourceResolver are passed as objects, something like:

I would argue that it should be able to pass a JS function as any
callback interfaces that contain only one method (i.e. one method, no
attributes, but constants are ok). That would mean that one can pass a
JS function as a DOMErrorHandler, UserDataHandler, or
LSResourceResolver, but not as a LSSerializerFilter nor as a LSParserFilter.

--
jst