Re: i18n reviews of DOM 3 Core and Load&Save

Hello Johnny,

Many thanks for the followup.

At 18:39 03/09/23 -0700, Johnny Stenback wrote:

>Francois Yergeau wrote:

>>We're still missing answers on our C10 and LS5.
>
>LS5 was dealt with and the spec was updated accordingly last week (or the
>week before), but due to a cut n' paste error in the issues list, I forgot
>to reply to the mailing list with the resolution of that issue.
>
>Reply now at:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2003JulSep/0236.html
>
>Sorry for that oversight.

Would it be possible to send the actual answer, in particular
if it is really short:

Francois Yergeau wrote:
 > LS5) In DOMSerializer, the contents of the encoding pseudo-attribute of the
 > XML (or text) declaration is underspecified.  It should be specified that
 > this MUST be the actual encoding that is used for output, whatever the
 > source that determined that was.

Agreed. The spec was clarified to state that when an XML decl is output,
the encoding is always included in the XML decl.

Regards,  Martin.