Re: i18n reviews of DOM 3 Core and Load&Save

Francois Yergeau wrote:
> LS9) In DocumentLS.load(), it is said that 'the parameters used in the
> DOMParser interface are assumed to have their default values with the
> exception that the parameters "entities", "normalize-characters",
> "check-character-normalization" are set to "false".', which is strange as
> the last 2 of these parameters do default to false anyway.
> "check-character-normalization" should default to true (see other comment).

After consideing this issue, and the other issues that we've got against
DocumentLS and ElementLS, the DOM WG decided to drop these interfaces
from the LS specification. The strongest reason for dropping these
interfaces is the fact that the DOM WG doesn't believe it will get two
implementations of these interfaces, and that's needed to exit CR for
this spec. That, and the fact that the issues raised against these
interfaces are non-trivial and time consuming to solve, made the DOM WG
decide to drop these interfaces.

--
jst