Re: Draft Note on DOM Support for XPath 2.0

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 07:09:42 -0400
To: Ray Whitmer <ray@xmission.com>, www-dom@w3.org

 From the name alone, It is surprising that XPathResult2 does not
extend XPathResult. This conflicts, for example, with SAX's
EntityResolver2, Locator2, etc. that all extend the original
interface. I see the reasoning in the note that XPathResult2 does not
extend XPathResult. That's fine. I don't disagree with it. However,
the name suggests otherwise.

Perhaps a name change is in order? Perhaps XPath2Result would be a
little less confusing, or perhaps something completely different like
Sequence or XPath2Sequence, since in XPath 2.0 a sequence of one item
is equivalent to the item itself.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu