Re: how to understand: void Element.normalizeNamespaces()

From: Elena Litani <elitani@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 10:06:37 -0400
To: Christian Parpart <cparpart@surakware.net>, www-dom@w3.org

Christian Parpart wrote:
> Unfortunately the pseudo code is as pseudo as I wasn't able to
> understand it fully. Furthermore, does there exist _any_
> implementation of that function so that I can look there to
> understand? I didn't find it yet in Xerces C and J

Xerces2-J does implement all the namespace algorithms defined in the
Appendix.
For details of the implementation see
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMNormalizer.namespaceFixUp(..) and
org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.

To use this functionality you need to build Xerces with DOM Level 3
support (or cast to Xerces implementation):
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-dom.html.

Thanks,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto