XPath namespace nodes

From: Gareth Reakes <gareth@decisionsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:07:13 +0100 (BST)
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hi,
	I'm implementing the Level 3 XPath module and have a query. I
understand that namepsace nodes are created at parse time and are not
affected by changes to the tree. What happens when we create a new element
in a certain namespace? Do we also create namespace nodes if appropriate?
If so then it seems that we are saying its not just a parse time thing. If
not then a query such as

/root/newEle/namespace::*

would return a different result if we serialised the document (after
namespace normalisation) and then reparsed it.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com