Re: Load-and-Save DOMWriter.newLine attribute

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:44:46 -0400
To: zongaro@ca.ibm.com
cc: www-dom@w3.org, elitani@ca.ibm.com

>      What precisely is meant by "Any string" in the text I've cited?  Does
> it mean that the value of the attribute could be equal to the string
> "EOL", or does the string have to be composed only of what are typically
> used as end-of-line characters (i.e., #xA and #xD)?

In the former case, what, if anything, should be done about existing
instances of the string "EOL" in text or CDATA nodes?  Should they be
escaped somehow?  Or should the resulting output simply have "bogus"
newlines?

Boris
--
Wallet [n]: Mythical object rumored to carry
mysterious, disappearing substances referred to as