Comments on Load / Save spec

From: Eric Sedlar <eric.sedlar@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:12:48 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
It seems like for symmetry, it should be possible to save a Node to a URI, not just load it from a URI.  Also, in our case, we can implement load/save directly from database native storage rather than requiring it to be streamed as text at any point, and since we use URI's to identify where the native storage is, this would provide an interoperable way of accessing both file & database storage for XML.

--Eric Sedlar
  Architect, XML DB
  Oracle Corporation