Updates

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:18:37 -0500
To: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

In case you didn't look http://www.w3.org/DOM, the WG updated
Level 3 DOM Core and DOM Abstract Schemas and Load and Save on Monday.
Have at http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR to find the documents.

I don't have the details for ASLS with me but here are the
details for Core:
* DOMObject type is now called DOMKeyObject type.
* A new DOMObject type has been introduced for the LS module.
  It is mapped to Object in Java and ECMAScript.
* the Document.version attribute can raise a NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR
* case sensitivity text was changed in:
 createElement, getElementsByTagName,
* normalization features have been added. check the 13 open issues
 associated with them.
* description of Document.importNode was modified.
* Document.importNode can raise an INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR
* we still have 2 open issues on normalizeDocument.
* description of Node.cloneNode was modified.
* getInterface issues should be closed with their respective resolution...
* ditto for isSameNode-3
* description of DOMLocator.off was modified:
  "The value is -1 if there is no offset available."
* the ECMAScript binding appendix includes a new wording.
* DOMInputStream, DOMOutputStream and DOMReader types are missing for the
 LS module

Philippe