DOMInputSource vs. DOMInputStream

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:52:17 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
The latest Load-Save draft defines DOMInputSource thusly:

interface DOMInputSource {
           attribute DOMInputSource byteStream;
           attribute DOMReader       characterStream;
           attribute DOMString       stringData;
           attribute DOMString       encoding;
           attribute DOMString       publicId;
           attribute DOMString       systemId;
           attribute DOMString       baseURI;
};

In previous drafts the byteStream attribute had type DOMInputStream
instead of DOMInputSource. I think it still should, and that the
changeis likely a mistake. I can't really understand what it would mean
for a byteStream to be a DOMInputSource.

|               Java I/O (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999)               |
|            http://www.ibiblio.org/javafaq/books/javaio/            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1565924851/cafeaulaitA/   |