RE: onClick handlers vs DOMActivate

From: Brad Pettit <bradp@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:41:46 -0700
To: "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

On Friday, May 31, 2002 11:41 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>>Hitting enter on a focused element would trigger both the DOMActivate and Click event.

I find the mixing of the event models confusing at best. For example, button.click()
should result in the firing of both onClick and DOMActivate events, right? When
do these events fire relative to each other, and when does the default action
occur? With a mix of bubbling, capturing, cancelling, preventDefault and
the old event model, description of the proper behavior in a mixed environment
would really help. The spec is not clear on this.

What implementations support the mixed event model?

--Brad