Creating <!DOCTYPE programmatically

From: Lombardo, Lisa <llombardo@courion.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:12:14 -0400
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>

What do I need to be able to programmatically create XML that allows me to
write the <!DOCTYPE tag?
I am using createProcessingInstruction to write the <? xml version="1.0" ?>.

I have read that both the above and <!Doctype are not available with DOM
LEVEL 1, but obviously I have accomplished one of the two.

What do I need to accomplish the writing of the <!Doctype programmatically
using C++ (Microsoft Visual Studio 6 sp4) ?

I am moving MSXML 3.0.  I hoping it has the W3C DOM LEVEL compliance
necessary for this ability.

________________________________
Lisa Lombardo
Software Engineer/Chief Fun Officer
llombardo@courion.com

COURION CORPORATION
phone 508 879-8400, ext. 203
fax 508 879-8500
www.courion.com <http://www.courion.com/>
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
AND IS INTENDED FOR THE RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.