RE: Node.isEqualNode

Thank you for your answer : it gave me an occasion to update my PDF specs,
which where from 14 january.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : www-dom-request@w3.org [mailto:www-dom-request@w3.org]De la part de
Joseph Kesselman
Envoye : mardi 7 mai 2002 16:28
A : www-dom@w3.org
Cc : www-dom@w3.org
Objet : RE: Node.isEqualNode

>Yet cloning a node with CloneNode's argument "deep" set to false will
>perform no cloning of the children (except for an Attribute)

Last time I looked at the DOM3 spec (too long ago!), there was a
corresponding "deep" argument for isEqualNode(). But  this seems to be
absent in the current public working draft for DOM3 Core. I'm slightly
surprised, since it seems a trivial addition to the API.

Question for the DOM team: Is the problem that nobody had a good usage case
for shallow testing of a node, or did this just fall through the cracks?
(It would seem to me that shallow testing is at least as useful as shallow
cloning...)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research