Re: Empty DocumentFragment when appended to DocumentType node throw DOMException or not ?

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:51:32 -0500
To: Arun Yadav <Arun.Yadav@sun.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, "Elena Litani" <elitani@ca.ibm.com>, arun.yadav@sun.com

>If  Empty DocumentFragment Node is appended to DocumentType Node , Should
>parser throw the DOM Exception "NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR" ?

I'd be perfectly comfortable leaving that as a quality-of-implementation
issue.

You shouldn't have made the attempt, and for debuggability reasons it's
entirely appropriate for the implementation to tell you so. On the other
hand, the attempt happened to be harmless in this case, so it wouldn't be
inappropriate for it to ignore the request.

So I'd say pick either one and document your choice.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research