Re: Enumeration of EventListeners in DOM Level 3 Events

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:56:25 -0800
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, www-dom@w3.org
> 3. Someone with a cognitive disability does not want to have new windows
> opened when they load a web resource.  By looking for "onLoad" events ...

Would that be a way to prevent certain kinds of
"browser capture" by annoying advertisers?   Stuff
like "disable the back button", "pop-unders", and
of course pop-ups ... it's not just disabled folk who
would rather rid the world of such monstrosities!

Actually I'd rather see some root cause fixes for
that sort of thing, like standard security policies
disabling those behaviors.  I'm skeptical about
such sanity becoming the norm, unfortunately.

- Dave