RE: Level 3 Events

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:10:41 -0600
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Joe Kesselman wrote (>)
> >The use of distinct interfaces for the Level 3 capabilities seems to
> >contradict the general trend just to append new methods to
> the previous
> >interface definitions
>
> I don't have an opinion on whether it will be true in this
> case, but note that we often sketch things as separate
> interfaces, then merge them into the previous interfaces once
> we're sure they're stable. That makes seeing the changes a
> bit easier for the team which is working on them.

I had seen this in the previous DOM Level 3 Core draft, but it also had this comment (in red):

ED: Although the following defines a set of new interfaces that extend the DOM Level 2 interfaces the current plan is not to actually add any new interfaces but instead to expand the existing ones.

I didn't see anything quite this explicit in the DOM Level 3 Events spec.  I'd prefer eventual merging.