RE: Level 3 Events

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:42:28 -0600
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> >Has there been any thought about introducing a distinct Java
> namespace
> >for Level 3 versions of the DOM interface
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "Java namespace". Package?

I meant package.  Not recommending any specific course of action, I just was concerned about versioning issues when code that expects Level 3 functionality might be passed an object that only supports
the interface as defined in Level 2.  I guess you could always make the call but be ready to catch the exception.