Re: DOMException: NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERROR

From: David Flanagan <david@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:41:01 -0700
To: keshlam@us.ibm.com
CC: www-dom@w3.org

Thanks for the clarification, Joe.  I hadn't looked at the "readonly"
entry in the Glossary, and hadn't yet read about the readonly Entity,
EntityReference, and Notation nodes.

> Yes, as documented. Basically, this exception is produced any time you
> attempt to change an unchangable value which isn't defined as throwing
> something else... as its name implies.

This tells me exactly what I need to know for my JavaScript book.  This
exception may be thrown when you set any read-write property of any
node.  Since it is universal, I'm not going to bother mentioning it in
my descriptions of every read-write property of every node..

   David Flanagan