Re: DOMKey in WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20010136

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:57:24 -0500
To: Stanley Guan <Stanley.Guan@oracle.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Stanley Guan wrote:

> (p. 14) Issue key-2
>    In what space is this key unique (Document, DOMImplementation)?

Document

>    Shouldn't this be DOMImplementation?  If a node3 can be adopted
>    from one document into another and "key" is readonly attribute, "key"
>    must be in the scope of DOMImplementation.

No, it just means that the user has to be careful when he moved a Node
from one Document to an other since the key might change. Note that it
doesn't prevent a DOM implementation to implement the uniquess at the
DOMImplementation level ...

> (p. 16) Issue isSameNode-2:
>    Is this really needed if we provide a unique key?
>
>    It seems to me isSameNode() is redundant if unique key can be
>    truly unique within one specific DOMImplementation.

following our decision on key-2, we decided to keep this one (well, at least,
for the moment).

Philippe