Re: createProcessingInstruction and 'xml'

From: Ray Whitmer <rayw@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:14:17 -0800
To: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
The specification could do with a clarification, especially if existing
implementations could agree.  I believe that some implementations may be
using processing instructions named "xml" to represent XML declarations
and text declarations that look just like a PI using the reserved xml
name.  Others clearly do not.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com