Re: Passing a node that's not an attribute like an attribute

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:59:40 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
>Next, you invoke to the method setNamedItem to add an attribute,
>but you pass another type of node, say an element.

Since this NamedNodeMap is only intended to contain the element's Attrs,
that should throw
     HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR
                             If any node is inserted somewhere it doesn't
belong

You're absolutely right --  we don't say this explicitly, and we
undoubtedly should. Good catch!

Time to restart the errata list...

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research