XML & CreateProcessingInstruction

From: Jayashree Krishnamoorthy <jayashree.krish@mphasis.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi

         We are trying to generate a XML file dynamically after querying the
database. For this we are first creating the tree structure then using
XMLSerializer we generating the XML file. But when we try to link a xsl
sheet using createProcessingInstruction , the instruction is not getting
included. But the XML file is getting generated without any error . Is there
any other way of doing this ?   What should be given as target?

    Document doc =
(Document)Class.forName("org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl").newInstance();
    doc.createProcessingInstruction("xml-stylesheet"," type=\"text/xsl\"
href=\"http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/XMLProject/quiz1_xsl.xsl\"");

Regards
Jayashree