Re: XML & CreateProcessingInstruction

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:02:07 -0400
To: "Jayashree Krishnamoorthy" <jayashree.krish@mphasis.com>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

The line you're asking about -- retrieving the DOMImplementation object --
is specific to a particular implementation of the DOM. Since you're asking
about the Xerces implementation, this really  belongs on the Apache
Xerces-J mailing list.

But I've just rechecked the current version of the Xerces code, and I
believe the line I gave you really should work should work -- assuming, of
course, that you have imported the DOM APIs

   import org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation;

   DOMImplementation
   domImpl=org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation
   ();

If you didn't do the import, try:

   org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation
   domImpl=org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation
   ();

Either should fix your "DOMImplementation is not found" problem.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research