ECMAScript exceptions (was DOM 3 Core: Overlap....)

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:49:32 -0600
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
>   Perhaps Curt is using a non-conforming implementation

Sorry, guess it was addressed in the DOM 2 spec but to the best
of my knowledge I don't believe it is possible for a DOM accessed
through Microsoft's JScript to implement it using published
information.

If Microsoft can implement it, then it should pass
the secrets along so that other COM+DOM implementations
(Adobe's SVG Viewer for example) can adhere to the DOM 2
ECMAScript binding.

If it can't be implemented on the Windows,
then some sort of crutch would be helpful.

Currently something is in the DOM 2 Core Binding, but it
appears to be irrelevant on Windows at the current time.

I'm out of my depth here though, I've been buried in the
XML Schema spec for a long time and am really just finding
my way around the DOM specs.