Re: concern about CSSStyleDeclaration

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:55:00 -0400
To: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Daniel Glazman wrote:
> You gave yourself the answer : for an editor, the CSS OM lacks a lot (I
> mean, really a lot) of things.

Permitting multiple instances on the same property in a rule will mislead
the CSS author. He will never be able to use them with a CSS engine. So
I'm still wondering how useful it is to represent them in the CSS OM except
for round-tripping.
Regarding CSS comments, there is still an open issue in our list but there
is no real advocate for them (the CSS WG would be a good advocate).

In the meantime, I would suggest to have a look at the SAC proposal:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SAC-20000728/

Philippe