Re: Copying from one DOM to another

From: Morten Nedertoft <mmn@pr-group.sdu.dk>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:20:54 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org
Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM wrote:

> NEW: How do I move a Node from one document to another?
>
>      Neither Level 1 nor Level 2 allow you to move a Node from one document
> to another, although Level 2 has
>      an importNode method which allows you to copy a Node from one document
> to another.

Hi.
I'm new to DOM.
1) I don't understand why a document has to own all nodes it can
reference.

2) If I get a reference to DOM document, what should I do to be certain
that the changes I do, don't reflects in the original data structure?
Should I use importNode (to a memory-only document) or cloneNode?

thanks in advance.
Morten Nedertoft