Microsoft DHTML and DOM Level 2

From: Andreas Girgensohn <ag_nospam@fnmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:34:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
I'm trying to understand the differences between Microsoft's
implementation of Dynamic HTML and DOM Level 2.  In particular, I find
one example of Microsoft's implementation very useful and I wonder how
I could accomplish the same using only DOM methods.

<A HREF="your-link-here"
   ONMOUSEOVER="this.innerText='Click Me Please'"
   ONMOUSEOUT="this.innerText='your-text-here'"
>your-text-here</A>

As I understand, DOM does not provide an innerText attribute and I'm
unclear how I would accomplish the same using the methods for accessing
and replacing nodes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Andreas Girgensohn

P.S.: I already tried sending this message a few days ago.  My apologies
if this is a duplicate.