Entity nodes

From: Hari Haran Subramanian <haran.hari@wipro.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 16:16:29 +0530
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
The following text I found in the DOM specifications I have not been
able to understand:

"The DOM Level 2 does not support editing Entity nodes; if a user wants
to make changes to the contents of an Entity, every related
EntityReference node has to be replaced in the structure model by a
clone of the Entity's contents, and then the desired changes must be
made to each of those clones instead. All the descendants of an Entity
node are readonly."

Can u please make it clear,
Thanks and regards,
Hari.