Re: Node interface extension for DOM3

From: Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:24:28 -0400
To: "Anton Shevchenko" <sanc0der@mail.ru>
Cc: <www-dom@w3.org>

>In SVG, we can use the <use> tag to
>reference other elements, defined somewhere. I understand that as node or
>element referencing (in the DOM-style)

How is that reference declared in SVG's DTD or Schema? I would expect it's
either an ID/IDREF pair, or uses the Schema's new Key capabilites, or is an
XPath. The first can be supported via DOM Level 2's getElementByID()
method. The second is reasonably likely to be supported by DOM Level 3's
Content Model chapter. The third might be a middleware issue rather than a
DOM issue per se.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research