DOM API usage question

From: Rahul Naithani <rnaithani@ssind.stpn.soft.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:39:03 +0530
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hello DOM users.
I have been able to download and examine the DOM API from w3c site.
My question is that I want to use the API to be able to create an XML doc,
add nodes to it, change the data of the nodes etc.
So far my only source of information has been the minimal HTML docs supplied
with the distribution zip file.
Can somebody tell me where can I find a vc++ type of help for the things I
can do.
I mean the html help only lists the methods, methods and more methods.
Thanks in advance,
Rahul.