Re: Comments on DOM2 CR

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:18:48 -0500
To: steve@rsv.ricoh.com (Stephen R. Savitzky)
cc: www-dom@w3.org
>Really?!!  That's disgusting -- it forces the use of a cast.

Same solution as in factories for the other optional Level 2 modules.
Hanging it off a factory method/getter elsewhere in the DOM would be no

You only have to cast once per document, of course, if you cache the
DocumentTraversal view.

>A better alternative would be a getDocumentTraversal method on Document
>better, DOMImplementation

I believe we did look at that alternative. I'm not sure I remember exactly
why it was rejected.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research