Re: Novice Java Language Binding Question

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:11:29 -0500
To: "John Duffy" <jbduffy@cwcom.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org
Sorry; I was jumping to a FAQ when you may have been asking another
question entirely...

>My plan, when I first discovered DOM, was to load the page
>containing the table into the browser once, at load, and
>then use  a Java Applet to create a socket connection to
>a data server and update the  table via the DOM HTMLTable...
>interfaces.

That should be doable, assuming that your browser makes its DOM accesssible
to Java. (Not all do, yet.)

You'll have to work out what format you want to recieve that data in,
extract the information once you recieve it. Then you can use the DOM APIs
to update the document's contents with the new data.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research