Re: Keydoard handling - who has the focus?

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:29:44 -0400
To: Boris.Motik@trilogy.com
cc: www-dom@w3.org
> That is, will a DOM implementation be
>required to deliver onKeyClick (or something similar) to the DIV even if
>there are no descendants of it that are of INPUT type="TEXT" defined for
>the DIV?

If someone posts a DOM event to a child of the <DIV/>, normal DOM event
handling says that the event's flow is subject to both capture and
bubble... so unless an earlier handler cancels the event flow, it should
reach the <DIV/>

But I'm really not sure whether an HTML system will ever post a keyboard
event to any node except an input element. I _think_ that's something for
the HTML spec to determine, rather than the DOM...?

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research