appplication using DOM Level 1 / Level 2

From: Christophe Jolif <cjolif@ilog.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:26:34 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hello,

A little question about compatibility between DOM leve 1 and 2:

Should I rely on the fact that an application (in my case a Java one)
using the interfaces of the DOM Level 1 binding should also run on an
implementation of the DOM Level 2 without rebuilding it? In other words,
is the intend of DOM Level 2 interfaces to be compatible with DOM Level
1 ones without any modifications in the deployment process?

Thanks,
--
Christophe