Re: CSS_DIMENSION creation?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:41:03 -0400
To: Blaine Brodie <bbrodie@savagesoftware.com>
CC: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>
Blaine Brodie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering how it is possible to create a CSSPrimitiveValue of type
> CSS_DIMENSION.  I assume that the syntax for CSS_DIMENSION is the same as
> the 'DIMEN' token ({num}{ident}), however, none of the CSS2 grammar
> expressions contain the 'DIMEN' token.  So it seems that it is not
> possible to create a CSSPrimitiveValue object of this type.  Should this
> unit type be removed or should an addition be made to the CSS2 grammar?

CSS_DIMENSION is for unknown dimension. In CSS2, all lengths, angles, times
and frequencies are dimensions.
The DIMENSION token is part of the CSS2 grammar:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#tokenization

setProperty("font-size", "10m", "") will create a dimension even if
you won't be able to use it in a CSS2 engine.

Philippe