RE: adding addressing capabilities to the DOM

From: Aaron Skonnard <aarons@develop.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:46:17 -0600
To: "Tyson Chihaya" <Tyson@DataChannel.com>, <www-dom@w3.org>
> SAX events (I'm really unclear about how a query interface for SAX would
> work--sounds more like a filter than a query), etc.

Image passing a location path expression to the SAX processor when calling

parser.parse("/descendant::invoice/lineitem[@price > 50]");

...and the processor only calls back into your application on the
information items that match the expression. This would greatly simplify
processing at the application level in SAX.