RE: adding addressing capabilities to the DOM

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:29:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Cc: "Xml-Dev@Xml. Org" <xml-dev@xml.org>

     Tyson Chihaya wrote:

     It seems to me that Joe is speaking more to the case where the DOM is
     completely in memory.  As someone who has implemented a DOM on top of a
     database, I have to agree with Francis here and say that
     providing a way to
     delegate responsibility for evaluating XPaths (or other types
     of queries in
     the future) into the implementation is vital.

I had a need for this, and was shown

(http://www.246.ne.jp/~kamiya/pub/XPath4XT.html)

Which puts xpath into James C's XT (with slight tweaks).
Don't know if it was common knowledge.

Regards, DaveP