Interacting with a DOM XML parser.

From: Carl Thronson <cthronso@broadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:06:11 -0800
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
I'm looking for XML parsers that have an API that combines the functionality
of the SAX and DOM API's

I want to get detailed error information (ala SAX ErrorHandler) and map
DTD's to in memory streams (ala SAX EntityResolver) and when the parse is
done I want to access all the data (ala DOM)

IBM's XML parser for C++ is one such parser. It works nicely, but I'm not
completely comfortable restricting myself to just one parser forever.

Is this a problem other people are experiencing? How are they dealing with
it? Is there any movement from the standards groups toward developing a
hybrid API that combines the DOM and SAX API's?

Carl