DOM serialization

From: Tangi Vass <tangivass@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:13:10 +0200
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi,

Is it possible (without re-inventing the wheel) to serialize/deserialize DOM trees into/from binary format?

Suppose M XML files and N XSL files : if I want to apply each XSL file to each XML file to produce M*N different files, I must do M*N parsings and M*N XSL processings.

I'm OK for the M*N processings but NOT for parsing more than M+N files !

It would be very convenient to be able to store the resulting DOM tree to a binary file after each parsing and to reuse it for each processing :)

Tangi Vass