Re: DOM Level 2 needs getElementById method

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:15:46 +0200
To: John Bradley <john.bradley@kcl.ac.uk>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
John Bradley wrote:

> This is my issue also.  It seems to me that the linking of elements
> by means of ID and IDrefs have been a part of SGML and XML from the
> very beginning and represent an element of the XML/SGML specification
> that so far seems to be ignored by the DOM builders.

I made a search about getElementById in the DOM Interest Group mailing list.
I found ... 871 documents, this issue doesn't seem to be ignored by the DOM
builders.

Regards,
Philippe.
---------
Philippe Le Hegaret - http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), DOM Activity Lead